12 ITEMS COMPLETED
Logically and mathematically at this point, I should have marked 25 items off my list . . . however, I've actually only checked off 12 items!
4. See New York from the top of the Empire State Building
8. See Niagara Falls
10. See some holiday fireworks
11. Read through the Bible again
7 ITEMS IN PROGRESS
While it might seem that I'm behind schedule, there are several items that I've been working on right along. Here's a review of my progress on those items.
1. Lose down to a healthy weight (140-145 lbs) & maintain
2. Read all the Pulitzer prize winners in Fiction (1948 – 2018)
I've read 26 of the 62 winners (with the possible addition of two more in the next couple of years). I've been able to borrow quite a few of the books from our library, however there are many that are not available there. I recently picked up seven books at a used book store, so I'll definitely be making more progress on this goal in the coming months.
3. Re-read all my children’s/young adult books
In mid-2015, I created a spreadsheet of the books I wanted to read to complete this goal. At that time I'd read 67 of the 409 books on the list. As of today, I've read 115 and have 294 to go. That sounds like a lot of books, but keep in mind many of these are children's picture story books. I'm currently reading my way through this shelf by grabbing five books to read while I'm on the stationary bike several times a week.
4. Play all the games in our collection
Now that we have the front room rearranged and new shelves to hold our game collection, I'm looking forward to continuing progress on this goal.
I've completed five projects and plan to complete (at least) five more this year, including several chronological albums and a mini-album.
6. Review all paid for scrapbook classes
In December, I cleaned up my scrapbooking classes digital files, scrolled through materials in a few classes, and have 23 classes I'd like to review before checking off this item. I anticipate making lots of progress on this goal in the next few months as I'm enjoying scrapbooking our memories in my new craft room!
7. Watch all the movies in our collection
As with several other items, I'm tracking my progress on a spreadsheet. This year I'm being much more intentional about watching some of these movies.
2 ITEMS STARTING SOON
Obviously, if I'm going to complete all (or at least most) of the items on my list, I need to be ACTIVE in planning and pursuing these goals. So, I've chosen a few items to work on in the next couple of months.
1. Learn to speak(basic conversational) Spanish - There are Continuing Education classes available through a local college; I just need to check the schedule & get enrolled.
2. Take a cooking class - We have several stores in our area that offer classes, and I'll be checking those schedules to find one that looks
We're also in the process of researching and planning our next couple of vacations, which should help mark off another item or two.
29 REMAINING ITEMS
Here's a list of the remaining items. Please let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions that might help me as I continue working through the list.
1. Take piano lessons
2. Learn to ride a horse
4. Travel to Paris
5. Tour the Anne Frank house & the ten Boom home
6. Make a quilt
7. Earn a doctorate
8. Buy a camper & use it often
9. Alaskan cruise
11. Swimming lessons
12. Ride in a hot air balloon
13. Have something published
14. Revise my will
15. Learn to make Mama’s biscuits so they taste as good as the ones she & Robbie make
16. One minute plank
18. Mission trip
20. Dance lessons (with Robbie, of course)
21. Take private singing lessons
23. Learn to French braid my own hair
24. Improve photo editing skills
25. Buy and use a flower field/identification guide
26. Go fishing again
27. Grow my own vegetables
28. Boot Camp class
29. Carve a pumpkin