Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, January 6, 2017

Quotes on Signs

As I'm processing photos from the past few months, I've noticed that I always seem to be drawn to quotes on signs (maybe it's just another form of reading). Last fall I spotted lots of great signs at the Frisco Mercantile, all different from the ones I captured there the year before. The first one is my favorite in this bunch!





Back in September I mentioned that I'd once again met up with Cheri, and these photos were all snapped during our get-together. This was actually the sixth time Cheri and I have met up since our original in-person meeting in 2012. We've scrapbooked together, toured Southfork Ranch here in Texas and Valley Forge in Pennsylvania, enjoyed some fantastic meals, caught a movie, and visited each other's homes. We haven't missed a year, even getting together twice one year, so I'm looking forward to seeing her again sometime this year - we don't know when or where, but I'm sure we'll make it happen!


What types of things do you do when you meet up with a long-distance friend?

4 comments:

alexa said...

I've really enjoyed your signs - they always catch my eye when I am out and about too. I like the complaints one: I think I'll make one for the kitchen! Lovely to see you and Cheri together; it was so nice to meet her last summer in London. Once a year, a number of us bloggers all get together for a scrapping weekend and talk about everything under the sun! The times I've got to meet Sian, we've chatted happily and companionably about families and life in her kitchen with a delicious coffee :).

Sian said...

lol! You are like me: you'll read anything!

Meeting blogging friends ? See answer above :)

Karen said...

Love the signs, some funny, others meaningful! I've shared a meal with Cheri and visited the Philadelphia Flower Show with her, had lunch with you & Robbie, breakfast with Rinda, and tea and homemade scones with Alexandra. It's always a special event to meet up with a blogging friend, and I hope to see all of you again!

Cheri said...

I love all those signs! But have to admit the first is still my favorite.