Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Snap 16 - Paragraphs Bookstore

On our recent Texas vacation, we discovered a wonderful bookstore on South Padre Island. Well, actually Robbie spotted it as we were looking for a place for lunch . . . after which we promptly returned for a long browse. We left this delightful shop with a great batch of snaps and seven new books!








 




Outside the store, there's a great sandcastle statue. Hedwig caught my attention first, but this is such a wonderful montage of characters and places. Who/what else can you spot?


Joining in today with Helena's meme - Snap - a visually linked set of between 2 and 4 images. [Gosh, I have a hard time following the "rules" - obviously I have a few extra photos today!]  The set can be based on colour or shape or subject.

10 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh I love the look of bookcase after bookcase filled to the brim, and lots of chairs nearby. Looks like a wonderful place. And almost makes me wonder if I could just fill up my spare room with those creamy colored shelves.

helena said...

looks the kind of shop you just want to live in - great sand sculpture - I spotted Pooh's hunny pot

Barbara Eads said...

I love a good bookstore. We have very few left. There is one that is fairly close to me owned by author and local Ann Patchett. It's sort of a specialty book store. Also, since I only user my Kindle these days, I rarely buy print books. Sad since I have a whole library full!

Patio Postcards said...

I see Wizard of Oz's dead witch under the house, Cinderella's pumpkin carriage, the cat from Alice in Wonderland, Johan's whale, Privet Drive (HP); Winnie's Hunny Pot; my personal favourite, Rapunzel in the tower

Karen said...

Looks like a place to put on my bucket list! I love finding independent bookstores when we're traveling. This looks especially inviting. What books did you purchase?

Maggie said...

I might never emerge from that bookshop! Nice comfy chairs too! I do like to see someone else who has trouble with the rules!

marshaleith said...

Looks like a great bookstore!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What a fantastic book shop. I wouldn't want to leave!

Sian said...

What a wonderful place. Those armchairs look so inviting!

Cheri said...

I love the sand sculpture! I saw Pooh's Hunny Pot, Dr. Seuss's hat, the Cheshire cat, Moby Dick, Cinderella's pumpkin, the sign for Privet drive, Rapunzel's hair coming out of the castle window... and I see the bull/cow but can't place what book that would be from. So many great books represented!