Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Ellen Trout Zoo

The Day 7 challenge in The 20 Project class was to use landscape and portrait orientation photos together on a layout . . . happily. If you follow Shimelle, you know that she typically uses photos that are the same orientation, so it was FUN to watch her put together a video using two different photos.

For my layout, I ended up using one landscape photo, one portrait photo, and six small square photos from a visit to the zoo in Lufkin earlier this year.


I created two little embellishment clusters and used the photo of the sign as my title block.


Do you combine portrait and landscape photos on your layouts?

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love the idea of using the strip of small photos down the side! Great idea.

Sian said...

I so rarely turn my camera round..all my pictures are landscape! Though I have more square ones now I use my phone too. I'm another one who likes the strip of little details down the side

Missus Wookie said...

Yes, I often combine the two - I ensure that I turn my camera/phone around to get some in each direction. Especially when I know I'm going to scrap. If I've forgotten, I often will crop the photo to ensure I have a combination.

alexa said...

You've managed to get a lot of photos on here! That turtle is very cute. The pink is such a happy colour ... Yes, I almost always have a mix of portrait and landscape on my pages.