Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Snap 12 - Glamping Still Life Photography

As I mentioned in my post about our glamping adventure, I spent some time practicing still life photography at Raven's Way Nature Sanctuary. I simply used some of the items at the outdoor dining area to put together a few vignettes. I had FUN playing with the textures and shadows while capturing these shots.


I also captured quite a few shots without moving anything around.

 
 
 


Joining in today with Helena's meme - Snap - a visually linked set of between 2 and 4 images.  The set can be based on colour or shape or subject.

9 comments:

Karen said...

I like the compositions of your still life photos. The colors are also beautiful.

Sandra said...

Lovely photos

Ruth said...

Lovely composition and colours.

Patio Postcards said...

Looks like a fun time - the sunflower pottery items are quite cheerful.

helena said...

looks a perfect place for creating still life images - I love the strong colours on all those plates and the wonderful shadows

Sian said...

Such lovely colours and textures. I'm not surprised you had to have a play.

Miriam said...

Love love love the shadows! and the dark strong colours in the pottery. hope you are well?

marshaleith said...

love the shadows..especially with the antlers

Missus Wookie said...

What lovely strong colours - the sunshine looks beautiful here too.

Glad you had fun - and were able to give us such inspiration :)