Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, July 8, 2016

Golden Anniversary Scrapped

There were so many great photos from my parent's 50th anniversary that I had a hard time choosing which ones to include on my scrapbook layouts. In fact, I actually created an 8x8 Shutterfly photobook for my parents so that I could include lots and lots of photos.


Then I printed a variety of photos and set to work creating several pages for our 2016 chronological album. I chose black cardstock as my background, then pulled several patterned papers that coordinated with the color of Mama's top. I added in a variety of embellishments and ephemera to share the story of the entire day. Since I'd already shared the story in a blog post, the journaling was practically done. I printed it out, cut it into sections, and these pages came together quite nicely.






Do you use similar supplies when scrapping multiple pages about the same event?

7 comments:

Karen said...

Another wonderful set of pages to commemorate a wonderful event! 50 years is truly an accomplishment, and they look very happy!

Jane said...

lovely photos and pages, they both look very young for such a celebration

Sandra said...

You've created beautiful pages to celebrate a very important occasion

Sian said...

How wonderful. I think the black is so perfect here..it adds a quiet dignity to this happy occasion: a 50th needs both

Patio Postcards said...

Happy belated wishes to your parents on their 50th. Fun layouts.

Yes I do often use the same paper & embellishments to tie multi pages together, but can be a challenge if that perfect paper had only been bought in twos. But now I need to find some black dollies for a page.

alexa said...

They must have been delighted with this - such s lot of work and thought has gone into it. When I first saw the title, I thought for a few awful seconds that the occasion had had to be abandoned and am most relieved to see all those smiling happy faces :).

Susanne said...

What lovely pages to document such a momentous occasion.