Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Snap 8 - Cityscapes

When we set out on our Arizona road trip last month, I thought it would be FUN to capture cityscapes along the way. It turned out to be more difficult than I thought as I tried to snap photos from varying distances, through the windshield (which was often spotty from the numerous bugs we killed along the way) or a side window (with sunlight reflections causing distortions), while traveling at highway speeds (or stuck in rush hour traffic). Sometimes I simply forgot to take a photo of a city as we drove through! After some cropping and a little editing, here are the cities and towns I did capture.

Dallas, Texas

Fort Worth, Texas

Big Spring, Texas

Midland, Texas

El Paso, Texas

Tucson, Arizona

Phoenix, Arizona

Amarillo, Texas


Joining in today with Helena's meme - Snap - a visually linked set of between 2 and 4 images.  The set can be based on colour or shape or subject.

12 comments:

Sian said...

I like this collection very much. They are places I have heard of, but never been to and these photos do a great job of giving me an idea of what they might be like

Cheri said...

Great group of shots - it's funny how after all the cities, Midland looks like a ghost town!

Patio Postcards said...

Ah those big Texas skies. Excellent Snap collection.

Miriam said...

What a great idea for snap Melissa. I love all those fabulous skies. I also like your 'new' picture!

Maggie said...

These are great. Goodness that must have been some drive.

Barbara Eads said...

What a clever idea for some good shots! These would make a great collection, framed for your wall!

helena said...

I enjoyed seeing all the townscapes - agreat idea

Susanne said...

Oh nice, these will make a fabulous 2 page spread. That's quite a trip too.

Sandra said...

how fabulous and I can just picture them on layouts too. Great idea xxx

marshaleith said...

what a great idea....I know how hard it is to capture this type of shot!! It looks like you had great weather.

Missus Wookie said...

What a neat set of snapshots to remember your trip by. Definitely FUN to collect and display.

Karen said...

These would make a great scrapbook page in your travel album! I'm always trying to get something similar as we drive into Chicago. I got a decent one last month.