Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
INSPIRATION - August Review & September Plans
1. Top Five - I'm challenging myself to scrap my top five (photos or stories or events) from the previous month. I completed a few layouts toward this goal, so I'm caught up through April.
2. Rinda's 2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt - I had hoped to capture my third set of photos for this year's hunt, but I just didn't find the INSPIRATION . . . maybe because I'd captured most of the list in June and again in July.
3. Blog Series INSPIRATION A-Z - I completed another post in this series. Click on a letter below to check out any that you missed.
4. Reading for INSPIRATION - I'm halfway through Creative Girl and have just started Creative Doodling & Beyond. Hopefully I'll finish those, along with Art Journal Freedom, during the coming month. (I actually did a lot of other reading in August and will be catching up on some book reviews soon.)
My creative INSPIRATION in August resulted in 9 blog posts, (+ 1 on the Scrappin' Goodtime blog), 5 layouts and 24 Bible Journaling pages. I'm especially enjoying coloring pictures (which I typically trace from a coloring page) in my Bible.
I also hosted a free Intro to Bible Journaling class here at my home for some of my young friends before they headed back to school and college.
1. Top Five - I'm challenging myself to scrap my top five (photos or stories or events) from the previous month. I'll continue to work on catching up with layouts for May, June, July and August.
2. Blog Series INSPIRATION A-Z - I'll be working on the next series of posts for my blog series on INSPIRATION.
3. Reading for INSPIRATION - I'll be enjoying and sharing INSPIRATION from Creative Girl, Creative Doodling & Beyond, and Art Journal Freedom this month.
What kind of INSPIRATION did you enjoy in August? What are your plans for exploring and acting on INSPIRATION in September?