Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Watercolor Memories

I recently picked up a couple of sheets of the new Ken Oliver Watercolor Memories Papers along with a coordinating Ephemera Cut Apart Sheet to create a layout for the Scrappin' Goodtime Design Team. These are not papers that I would have normally chosen for myself, but when Susie showed me this new line I decided to challenge myself to create a layout.

I had some extra time while I was at the store, so I actually created a layout without photos and came up with this.


When I got home and flipped through my storage binders, I found some photos that I thought would work well with these papers. However, my photos were the wrong orientation, so I ended up rotating the layout and adding additional embellishments to make it work.


I'm sharing more photos and information on how I adjusted this layout to fit my photos over on the Scrappin' Goodtime blog today - check it out HERE.

Have you ever created a layout without photos and then needed to make adjustments for it to work once you were ready to add photos and journaling?

9 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow! Those worked out great. I like to new orientation much better.
Rinda

MonicaB said...

These are not the type of papers I would normal use either, you did a great job getting out of your creative comfort zone. The page is beautiful.

Sandra said...

Wow, that looks amazing

Cheryl M said...

Love the watercolor papers but I would use them to create a cute little mini album....HOWEVER, you did a wonderful job with them...nice choice of photos!

Missus Wookie said...

I like the colours, met Ken Oliver at the trade show I went to in February. Enjoyed watching him creating backgrounds.

alexa said...

Wonderful colours ... I love the papers but would struggle to use them, I think. So you have my additional admiration for having made such a great job of making the two blend so well together.

Sian said...

I love how you added the extra embellishments and made it work the other way. That's very clever. I have sometimes made pages without pictures but I've never tried this. Inspiring.

Becky said...

This looks so good! I've be ever created a page without the photos, I always choose the photos first!

Cheri said...

This is exactly the kind of papers I would choose and you did a beautiful job with them!