Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, July 2, 2015

March Top Five #3

As part of my year of INSPIRATION, each month I am challenging myself to scrap my Top Five (photos or stories or events) from the previous month. As I mentioned in my post earlier today, I'm a little behind on this goal but hoping to catch up this month!

The Camp Scrap 2015 class began yesterday, and this week's topic is "Recipes for Success." I took INSPIRATION from May's recipe of using a grid design to complete my layout. Unlike May, I did not use the same size blocks for my grid, but rather started with three photos and added papers to fill in the remaining spaces.


I used the black and white pieces as title and journaling blocks and did a little re-arranging before adhering everything in place.

Journaling reads: Since we like to lay out all the pieces first when we work a puzzle - 3000 pieces is our limit because it covers the entire big table!

5 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Your grid and sizing works for all the details in your photos. Liking the zebra print patterned paper to go with you puzzle theme! :)

Sian said...

I love that you've chosen a grid for the jigsaw puzzle page..because the pictures have that distinctive look of the top of a jigsaw puzzle box. It looks great

Karen said...

I love that zebra patterned paper. 3,000 pieces? Can't imagine it!

Susan said...

That is one big puzzle! Great grid design, perfect for your subject. I also like your monthly inspiration goal - what a great way to keep on top of your photos!

Maura Hibbitts said...

I am impressed with the puzzle you did, and what a great idea to document that.