Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, March 20, 2015

February Top Five #4 - Ice & Snow

As part of my year of INSPIRATION, each month I am challenging myself to scrap my Top Five (photos or stories or events) from the previous month.

Since February ended with a bout of wintry weather here in Texas, I chose that as one of my top five. I'm not much for getting out in the cold weather, so I only had a few photos that I'd snapped from the doorway. I decided to create an 8x8 digital layout using Template #100 from Get It Scrapped, which caught my eye as I was browsing blog land last week. I used some digital papers from my stash and ended up with this layout.


I printed this 8x8 page at home and decided to add a little extra to it before putting it in our 2015 album. I chalked the edges and adhered some glittery snowflakes.


I like how the snowflakes add glitter and dimension to the layout while the chalked edges add a nice border to the page.


Do you add traditional elements to your digital layouts?

9 comments:

Ellyn said...

ah ice & snow, I could contribute some doozy photos to your layout. So happy to be home

Sandy Trefger said...

Well you had a few more photos than me! LOL I took....NONE! :) Love your layout for this!

~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

Sian said...

Well, I don't do digital, but I did have a go at using this template as a sketch for Get It Scrapped. I love what you've done with it..Template 100 is certainly worth celebrating I think

Karen said...

This made me laugh! You'd be housebound for months if you lived in the northeast!

MonicaB said...

I have many, many photos of ice and snow...living in Michigan it's typical. I really like the colors you used on your page, it really gave it a chilly feel.

Barbara Eads said...

I haven't yet ventured in to digital but your layout is great. l love your use of red---unexpected on a snow page.

Maria Ontiveros said...

This reminds me to get moving on my layouts for this week.
Rinda

alexa said...

The red makes a lovely contrast to the icy cool colours of your page. Echoing Karen's comment! We woke to unexpected snow thins morning, and it's the end of March!

Missus Wookie said...

Yes I have added extra bits to digital Pages, sometimes planned and other times not