Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Apartment Living

I've only lived in an apartment twice, for a total of about 18 months, in my entire life. And I have to admit that I really didn't like apartment living at all. I much prefer living in a house. This thought occurred to me as I was contemplating scrapbooking about the many homes I've lived in throughout my life.

I didn't take any photos of the apartments (inside or out) during the times I was living in them, however a few years ago when I was back in the southeast Texas area I drove by and snapped a shot of each one. When I pulled those photos out to create a layout recently, I had to do some searching to find my old addresses and was surprised to see the similarities in the apartment numbers (#157 & #57).


Even though I didn't enjoy apartment living, I had lots of FUN putting this layout together!

Which do you prefer - living in a house or an apartment?

9 comments:

Sandra said...

It's a good idea to scrap old places where we've lived. I've not lived in many different places. You've given me a great idea ... Thank you

Becky said...

I've not lived in an apartment and since I have been married we have only lived in two houses. However this has made me think that I need to scrap and tell the story of our first house. :)

Missus Wookie said...

I've lived in an apartment and didn't enjoy it - no garden :) Well done on getting the photos taken and I like the colours you've used.

Cheri said...

Jay & I lived in an apartment in a complex before we bought our home. We had a cat (against the rules), so we couldn't complain to the landlord when a lady moved into the next door apartment and brought roaches with her. I couldn't wait to move out of that place! We cleaned and scoured EVERYTHING we brought into our new home!!!

Barbara Eads said...

We moved to several different states, so apartment living was a must. The only thing I really disliked was having to go to the apartment complex laundry area---such an inconvenience. The one time I didn't stay with my laundry, someone stole it!!

Ellyn said...

I'm not a huge fan of apartment living either. How funny that the numbers are so similar!

Susanne said...

With such a bright color combo, I think you must not have minded too much or it would have come out on your layout in gloomy colors. I scrapped one of my old apartments too using a photograph off the internet from the rental agent. I still have one more to do.

Sian said...

I've never lived in an apartment and I've always said I didn't think it was for me; but having lived in this house with all its stairs, I'm thinking maybe a ground floor apartment would suit my retirement very nicely

alexa said...

That's a very cheerful layout given that you didn't really like the experience :). I think I'd be quite happy in an apartment, as long as it was sunny and bright and had a balcony :).