Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Play! List

After completing two layouts based on Stacy's right-brain Ideation challenge in last fall's BPC Art + Science of Scrapbooking workshop, I was thrilled with Jennifer Wilson's left-brain challenge to rate a batch of photos, make a list of stories to scrap from those photos, and then create a layout from one item on the list. Each month I work through my digital workflow, processing the previous month's photos, rating them based on which ones I want to scrap, and then upload a batch for printing at Shutterfly. This year I've also started making a list of stories to scrap that I slip into my storage binder with the printed photos and memorabilia.

I have quite a long list of stories I want to scrap from my January trip to Play! in Anaheim, so I flipped open my storage binder and chose one of those for this challenge.


My friend Amy and I are both working our way through the materials in the Art + Science workshop right now, so I decided to start with a layout about how she ended up traveling and rooming with me for this FUN event.

Once I had all the  main elements on the page - photos, journaling, papers - I pulled out one of my color drawers that holds small bits & pieces and was thrilled to find the "Travel Buddies" sticker that matched perfectly!

A few weeks ago, I completed another layout from this trip showcasing photos of the flowers Robbie had delivered to our hotel room. (This layout is loosely based on a sketch I had printed out back in June during Jennifer Grace's Refresh Your Craft & Soul blog event.)

That's two more items checked off the list of stories I want to tell from the Play! event . . . fifteen (or so) to go! Do you make lists of stories you want to scrap? How/where do you store the lists?

4 comments:

Ann said...

Great idea about putting the list with the storage binders. I always seem to have random lists everyone and good idea to keep them with the photos.

Sian said...

Mmm..a list? I don't have a list of stories to scrap. I do have a list of title ideas in the front of my blogging notebook. Sometimes a blog post will come first, then, and sometimes a layout

Missus Wookie said...

I used to keep my stories, and as my twelve folder is still there I suppose I do. But they aren't organised - I need to do that, I figure once the garden is done and my focus turns inside again.

Love the colours you've used on your pages.

Susanne said...

What fun that play time is! And I am beginning to suspect that your hubby is a florist or has at least invested in a floral shop.