Thursday, July 3, 2014

June FUN Check-In & July Plans

My FUN June was filled with lots of little FUN activities throughout the month - get-togethers with friends, the library book club meeting (where I wore a Lost in Space t-shirt & brought Moon Pies to share since we were discussing The Astronaut Wives Club book!), a day with Daddy enjoying Robbie's grilled steaks and a trip to a local auction to celebrate Father's Day, and a BBQ cooking class.  Robbie and I saw The Fault In Our Stars movie (a great adaptation of the book), watched more episodes of The Six Million Dollar Man (Lee Majors looked almost comical with a mustache in Season 4!), attended church, put together another FUN collage puzzle, and took a drive up to Sanger to enjoy some fried chicken at Babe's restaurant. I also enjoyed some crafty time and found a few items on Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt list.

One morning as I was passing the table where we put together puzzles, I noticed Robbie had left these three puzzle pieces on the corner where I would find them.

Here's a look at my FUN June photo collage.

July is already off to a FUN start as I just returned from a quick two-day trip to Corsicana where I taught three sessions of a Texas Christmas Cards class at Scrappin' Goodtime. Here's a look at the cards I created for the class.

My FUN plans for the rest of July include:
1. Celebrating my 45th birthday!
2. Traveling to our favorite vacation spot & hiking in the Canadian Rockies.
3. Continuing the hunt for items on Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt list.
4. Seeing a movie or two, playing games, attending church, taking walks & putting together puzzles with Robbie.
 
Did you have a FUN June? What FUN things are you planning for July?

12 comments:

Cheri said...

Your June sounds wonderful. My June was a mixture of fun and stress (big time). I'm ready for July and a slower pace!

Ellyn said...

I see my girl there in your collage! glad you had a fun June

Sandra said...

I'm so pleased you picked the word fun for this year as it's been a joy and fun for us to see how well you've taken your word on

Becky said...

Sounds like you had a really fun June! Like the cards you taught. Hope you have a wonderful birthday :) I am looking forward to a holiday to Crete with Hugh, scrapping with my friends, wishing Penny a safe journey to Canada (and seeing her off at Heathrow - very exciting!) and a meal out with my ex boss and my colleague and our partners. Hope you have a FUN July!

scrappyjacky said...

Love that little bit of puzzle.

Karen said...

Love your monthly collage, and the puzzle pieces Robbie left for you to find. My June flew by, and I haven't had time yet to process exactly what happened to it!

Sian said...

I love the Texas Christmas cards

We are heading To Florida in July, so I think there should be some fun involved there. Have a great month Melissa

Jane said...

love the Texas cards, you look like you've really enjoyed yourself x

S said...

You do pack the days with fun. And the cards are fun - Merry Texmas, indeed!

Maria Ontiveros said...

June went way too fast! I love your Texas cards.
Rinda

Barbara Eads said...

Your cards are so so cute! I love all the bright colors.

Beverly said...

The cards are too cute and I LOVE the puzzle pieces that Robbie connected and left for you to see. It sounds like a very fun month and I have no doubt July will be as well.