Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Time For Everything

When I felt the inspiration to create an art journal page using a scripture from Ecclesiastes chapter 3, I pulled out my art journal, some washi tape, pages from an old hymnal and book, and a small booklet on Proverbs to begin.

With the addition of a few items from my stash, I used these pieces to create a collage background.

I liked this look but wanted to tie the pieces together more, so I used watered down gesso over the entire page.

Once that was dry, I added some spray mist, paint, and clock faces to the background. I must admit that I think this is the best background I've ever created and I let it sit for a couple of weeks before completing the page.

I used markers to add a title.

And wrote out the scripture around the edge of the page.

I'm thrilled with the final result and am excited about trying the collage background again soon.

10 comments:

Cheri said...

It's gorgeous Melissa - and your gesso wash really made such a difference!

Ellyn said...

very very cool!

Sandra said...

I'm really not surprised how thrilled you are, it's lovely. I know it sounds silly but Art Journals scare me .... I haven't a clue where to start lol

Beverly said...

Melissa, this turned out beautifully, I love the gesso wash and the scripture written sideways.

Cheryl M said...

I definitely love this Melissa. I've yet to do a collage background and I believe you've given me the inspiration to do so! Thanks for all you share!

Cate Brickell said...

I love how the background is still visible through the title. I still haven't successfully done any art journalling, but want to add it to my list of things to try.

Becky said...

I love this! The background is great :)

Missus Wookie said...

I like the scripture framing the page - a good reminder to use the scripture to frame everything.

Karen said...

You nailed this one!

S said...

Nice page, I enjoyed seeing it come together.