Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Gift Tag

Jennifer Grace's Refresh Your Craft & Soul weekend blog event began earlier today, however I just logged on and read the welcome post less than an hour ago. There will be numerous posts throughout the weekend with crafts, tutorials, challenges, tips, a blog hop, and giveaways, but I haven't gotten past that first post because I just had to stop and create a gift tag inspired by her first inspiration piece and tips to use a pocket card as a base, add sentiments, and finish off with a twine bow.

Earlier today I had purchased a high school graduation gift for a sweet teenage friend of mine, so I pulled my pink bin (because pink is her second favorite color) and set to work. I actually glued two pocket cards together (the back one has pink hearts) and added two strips of glitter ribbon to start (because glitter is her first favorite color!). Here's what I ended up with.


Now that I have the tag completed and the gift wrapped, I'm off to check out more posts over on Jennifer Grace's blog. Will you be joining in this weekend?


8 comments:

alexa said...

Ahhh! What a sweet tag, and it goes so nicely with your bag. Now, there's an organised lady who can put her finger on whatever she needs at the drop of a hat.

Maria Ontiveros said...

That's a perfect take on her inspiration. Maybe I will go dig out some pockets myself.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

I agree with Rinda....a perfect take.

Ellyn said...

teehee too cute. can't wait to see it for real

furrypig said...

wow you were inspired to make a gorgeous tag it really is the perfect match for your bag and the recipient from the sounds of things

Sandra said...

She'll be over the moon with this x

Jennifer Grace said...

This is amazing, I'm so glad it inspired you and that it was the first thing your friend noticed when you gave her the gift! Yours is a very pretty version, I like the glitter tape best - I've never thought about it before, but I guess glitter is my favourite colour too! Thanks for sharing! x

Lisa-Jane said...

This is so pretty! And very Jennifer too. Thank you so much for visiting me during the Refresh blog hop!