Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Scrapbook Outside the Pocket - Interactive Layout

This week the Scrapbook Outside the Pocket workshop began at BPC. I often use divided page protectors in my albums, but I don't do Project Life or Albums Made Easy projects. However, I have about 600 cards (3x4 & 4x6) in my collection - some of these my cropping friends gave me at last year's crop in Corsicana, but the majority of them I brought home with me from the Play! in Anaheim event.
Monica Bradford shared three ideas for using journal cards on layouts in this first week's lesson, and I knew right away that I wanted to try the interactive layout first! Here's a look at the page, already in the page protector.


I cut slits in my page protector so the interactive elements can be opened out. Here's how it looks with all four flaps open.


I really like how this layout turned out & the fact that I used 16 3x4 cards in its creation.

Anyone else taking the Scrapbook Outside The Pocket workshop? I think you can still sign up until next Wednesday.

7 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Fun interactive page - not taking that course. I have just bought a new add on kit for the Before Your Story class Wookie & I are doing.

alexa said...

I do like flaps and pockets and things to pull out! Your page looks great - and this is one of the things which a digitally printed book just doesn't allow for.

Karen said...

I've seen quite a few layouts using the PL style cards, but this is the first interactive one. I was amazed at how many cards you managed to use! It's a great layout.

Sian said...

I love interactive pages! I'm going to be experimenting with this kind of idea, for sure. Thanks for the inspiration

Alison said...

Oh I like this, Melissa!
Alison xx

Debbie P said...

How fun and how awesome! Looks great! That class sounds fun! I love Monica B!

Jimjams said...

Fab page - I'm quite timid with interactive pages ... just tags that pull out from the top opening of a page protector! Love how this method lets you use both sides of the PL cards