Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Scrapbook Outside The Pocket - Grid Design

Week two of the Scrapbook Outside the Pocket workshop at BPC is all about using 3x4 and 4x6 cards as the major design elements of a layout. I chose to start with the grid design and pulled several cards and photos to created this simple layout.


I like the way this turned out and will definitely be using more of the cards I have in a grid design. Have you created a layout with a grid design lately?

9 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

I like those chalkboard cards - the grid layout looks good here.

Barbara Eads said...

I love this one! Your color combo and detail are great!

S said...

Oh I like how the red plays off the chalkboard elements of this. I need to try using some of my cards on regular pages.

Debbie P said...

I really like the chalkboard elements in smaller doses. this is beautiful. Awesome job!

Beverly said...

Love the balance of the red card with the chalkboard ones :)

Karen said...

Great colors! Grid designs have always been a favorite of mine.

Sian said...

Yes! I do like a good grid. And I'm another fan of your chalkboard cards. Lovely.

Becky said...

This is a great layout - I may scrap lift this soon if that is ok with you?

Ruth said...

I enjoyed the Scrapbook Outside the Pocket class very much and I particularly liked the grid design ~ I've been using it a lot ever since! Your grid looks lovely and I like the added bling!