Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Grandma

This month's topic in the Inspired Scrapbooking workshop at BPC is People, and we're focusing on creating pages and celebrating the important people in our lives. One of Stacy Julian's sample layouts showcased photos of her mother-in-law throughout her life, and I knew right away that I wanted to create a biographical type layout about my Grandma. I know I haven't scrapped much about her, although she's featured in lots of photos. I was her favorite grandchild and we were extremely close. It's been almost 13 years since she passed away, but as I pulled out photos this week I could hardly see for continually tearing up and missing her! Oh my, I didn't think it would be this hard!!

There are so many wonderful memories I want to record about Grandma and the way she made me feel so special, so I was determined to scrap a page about her even if I have to grieve a little again along the way. I pulled photos spanning her life, typed a title block, added a few embellishments and ended up with this two-page layout.


I love the way this layout turned out! I have a couple of other ideas for layouts about Grandma that I hope to work on soon. I miss her so much!

12 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

What a lovely tribute to her - I'm glad that you were able to scrap, remember and grieve. I hope the good memories helped ease the sorrow.

Barbara Eads said...

I loved my grandma too and have many pages about her. I think it's good to reminisce---even if it brings a few tears! Love the Valentine's attitude on your layout too!

Sian said...

It's lovely! I miss my Grandma too, after 15 years. She died just after TSO was born and funny, TSO can sound just like her at times

Ellyn said...

a beautiful tribute to her Melissa. I miss both of my Grandmas, I know how you feel.

Cheri said...

I love the joy in this layout. I hope you'll add the stories that go with it! I didn't grow up near any of my grandparents and never had that kind of relationship.

Beverly said...

I love this, Melissa. I, too, find my self crying sometimes because of loved ones I miss so deeply. I think that makes us incredibly blessed and I hope someday someone cries because they miss me.

Alison said...

What a lovely layout Melissa.....it will be lovely to hear more about your Grandma
Alison xx

Tammy said...

Fantastic page! I haven't scrapped much about my grandparents as they had all passed by the time I started scrapbooking. I should dig out some photos of them and get some pages like this done. :)

Ann said...

Melissa - this is a great page. I love the idea of just having photos. I think I have been caught up with the idea that I need to tell a longer story with every page that I forget about the simple ones that can be told and still have so much meaning. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie P said...

This is wonderful! Fabulous job!

Nina said...

Hi Melissa,
Beautiful work - It must have been a precious process making these special pages, and reliving the memories and moments with your grandmother!

Karen said...

This is a beautiful layout, Melissa. I hope you'll add some some journaling that documents your feelings and memories of this special lady.