Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Gondolas

On our 2010 Banff Road Trip, we took two gondola rides - one to the top of Sulphur Mountain in Banff and one at the ski resort in Lake Louise. We'd ridden the Banff Gondola before, but always in the winter time. On this trip, we were able to hike over to the Cosmic Ray Station National Historic Site that is 1k away. It was a beautiful hike and I recorded that story on this 12x12 page.

I had other photos from our hike that I wanted to include, so I added this 12x12 divided page protector with eight 3x3 slots and one 12x6 slot.

The two page layout looks like this.

Of course, that left the back of the divided page protector ready to be used. I chose photos and the tickets from our second gondola ride to fill it. Robbie wasn't really excited about this ride because he'd never been skiing and hadn't ridden on an open gondola. However, it turns out we enjoyed it so much and it was such a beautiful day that we rode it up and down the mountain twice!

We were in bear country, but the only bear we saw that day was this beautiful painting in the visitor's center.

Did you notice that the handwriting was different on the Bears page? I gave Robbie a journal box and asked him to fill it in because I want to be sure to include his handwriting and perspective in our albums.

Have you invited anyone to share their perspective and handwriting in your albums lately?

7 comments:

Karen said...

Seeing your beautiful layouts and photographs makes me even more anxious to get to Glacier and the Canadian Rockies.

Barbara Eads said...

I am so impressed at how much you are accomplishing this year. I know you are having FUN!!

Debbie P said...

Wow, these look awesome! You are on a real roll!

Missus Wookie said...

Looks like you had FUN :) I like the painting of the bear - that is more than enough for me, hmm or maybe peering over the edge of the gondola!

Alison said...

You really ARE on a roll Melissa...have enjoyed. Catching up with your layouts!!
Alison xx

Beverly said...

That bear painting is awesome!! I included perspectives from the Chosen One and the boys years ago but hadn't thought about it recently. Great idea and I know just the topic I want it on :) Tks!!

S said...

I am catching up on all your recent posts and I am not sure whether I am more jealous of your travels or the fact that you are doing such a great job getting them all scrapped. Way to go!