Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflections on 2013

This past year has been a very difficult year for me in a couple of ways. First, I had several illnesses (which is unusual for me), struggled with a low energy level, and suffered with discouragement in some areas of my life. Second, because of said illnesses, low energy, and discouragement, my emotional state tended to swing up and down, not dropping into a major depression or anything but leaving me with quite a bit of what I call "blah-ness." So, I have to admit that I'm not terribly sad to see 2013 come to an end!

Of course, I have to admit that it wasn't all bad! There were many positives throughout the year as well - vacationing with family, visits to and from family, lots of scrapbooking accomplishments, lots of reading & learning, crafty get-togethers with friends, and (of course) special times with Robbie. Sharing these things here on my blog has been one of my greatest pleasures, helping me to be more aware of the good things in my life. (Not to mention the fact that I love all your comments!)

Over the past few weeks, I've been thinking about 2014 and setting a few goals to insure it is a better year overall. First and foremost I'll be focusing on my health, losing weight, getting my energy level back up, and keeping a positive attitude. I'll also be working to declutter, organize, deep clean, and re-decorate each room/space in our home.

In addition to these things, I have chosen a word for 2014 and signed up for Ali Edward's One Little Word class. I'll be sharing my word and a few of my plans for 2014 tomorrow as the new year begins!

I hope you each have a safe and
Happy New Year's Eve - see you in 2014!

14 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I think I should really choose 'de-clutter' as my OLW....but probably won't!!

Barbara Eads said...

Melissa, you are always so upbeat on your blog that I would never have known how tough your year has been! Here's to "our" year of health for 2014! And if I can help you on your organizing path don't hesitate to ask! You may not know this about me, but I'm a retired professional organizer!

Cheri said...

Hope 2014 is healthier for you! And yippeee! I'll "see" you in class!

Debbie P said...

So sorry you have had a rough go. I concur that I'm not too sad 2013 is on it's way out. I hope for better health for you in 2014, and much success and happiness as well! Happy New Year!

Kirsty.A said...

Hope 2014 is better for you. Happy New Year. Keep on blogging

Alison said...

Hoping this is a healthier and happier year for you,Melissa.....I need to focus on my health more this coming year too...that and time management!
Happy New year my friend
Alison xx

Fiona said...

wishing you a happy and healthy 2014

Sue Althouse said...

Here's to a positive attitude and moving forward. I also have some weight to lose and a push towards better overall health in 2014. We can do this!

Sandra said...

May 2014 bring you health, happiness and the energy to fulfil your goals. Xxx

Karen said...

Like Barbara, I was so surprised to read that you'd had a tough year. You'd never know it from reading your blog! I hope the New Year brings you every thing you wish for!

Becky said...

Like others, I would never have know that you had a tough year - reading your blog is always such a joy to me as you are always so bright and happy. Hoping that 2014 is happy and healthy for you both x

Sian said...

Wishing you all the best as you wave 2013 good bye and head with hope towards 2014. May it be everything you'd want in a great year - for you and Robbie. Happy New Year!

Maria Ontiveros said...

2013 was definitely one of highs and lows for me. I'm looking forward to 2014. I chose a new OLW as well and will create a blog post about it soon (probably this weekend).
rinda

S said...

Melissa, I can relate to how weight connects to energy connects to mood. I've made a vow to simply move more in 2014, as I was surprised at how being uber-busy during the holidays really made me energized physically and mentally. I wish you success in all your '14 endeavors.