Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Storytelling Sunday - Robbie's Tip Jar

It's the first Sunday of October (yes, October already!) and I'm joining in with Sian's Storytelling Sunday. Every month bloggers from around the world link up to share stories - check out this month's stories here. My story today is a short one . . . told with a few words and a few photos.

Earlier this year . . . on Memorial Day . . . my friend Michelle and I were scrapping . . .

and Robbie was grilling and prepping lunch . . .

Robbie called us to come eat . . . and we discovered a wonderful spread . . . . hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, deviled eggs . . .

and a Tip Jar!

I love my man's sense of humor!

19 comments:

Becky said...

This made me smile! Love the grin on his face in the last photo!

Jane said...

this made me smile!

Missus Wookie said...

This made both Wookie and me laugh - "quite right" quoth Wookie.

Hope he got some tips :)

Ellyn said...

he's a keeper, that's for sure!

Jennie said...

Absolutely brilliant Melissa! I love the last photo. Jen x

Ladkyis said...

I agree with Ellyn he is definitely a keeper. Thank you for sharing

Sian said...

lol! That's brilliant :) I'd definitely be happy to keep tipping if I could find someone round here who didn't mind a bit of cooking. He's a keeper alright. A great moment to record.

Alison said...

Love it, Melissa!!
Alison xx

Debbie P said...

How funny! You and your friend look like you could be sisters! Great story, and it's great you have it documented in photos!

Sandra said...

You gotta love that smile :)

scrappyjacky said...

This certainly made me smile!!

Louise said...

Ha ha ... He made me laugh. Greaty story.

Barbara Eads said...

That's hilarious!! Did he get any tips?

Melissa said...

Michelle snuck back in the kitchen before she left that evening & put a handful of change in the jar!

Karen said...

Great story! Love the way it's told with pictures.

Jo said...

What a great story and a lovely man :) x

Gail said...

LOL, that's great!

Lisa-Jane said...

LOL! That's brilliant! I hope he got lots of tips and then bought something nice for his wife ;-)

S said...

That's funny. A man who can cook and has a sense of humor - precious indeed.