Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Monday, October 21, 2013

New York Travel Journal

My sweet teenage friend Ally is going to New York next month for her senior trip. I'm totally jealous  of course, but I'm even more excited that she'll be experiencing New York for the first time! I made her a fun 6x6 travel journal to take along. I used lots of travel and New York themed papers and stickers, along with a few pink papers and embellishments because pink is Ally's second favorite color (glitter is her first favorite!).

I tried to include lots of fun details with plenty of room for adding journaling and memorabilia. Here's a look at the inside pages.















And a look at the back cover.
I met up with Ally for some gelato recently so I could present her with this gift. I do think she likes it!

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

What a great gift for her. It looks wonderful.

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous album - so many bright colours. I hope she has a great time and brings home so many memories.

Ellyn said...

she loves it so much! thanks for caring for my sweet girl

Debbie P said...

Oh my gosh, that is soooo awesome! Lucky young lady indeed! Awesome job Melissa!

Alison said...

What a great gift...no wonder she looks pleased!
Alison xx

Tammy said...

That is such a wonderful, thoughtful gift. I'm totally jealous too. I loved every minute I spent in New York and haven't been able to get back. Maybe one day! :)

Sian said...

What a perfect present. I bet she fills it up with lots of exciting things!

alexa said...

Now there is a gift which will travel and grow in lots of ways! How kind you are :).

Becky said...

What a lucky girl - to go to New York and have this wonderful gift too! She does look happy to have received it :)

Sandra said...

What a kind gift