Monday, October 7, 2013

2008

If you've been following my blog lately, you'll remember that I recently completed my 2009 chronological albums. I then organized and reviewed my 2008 layouts and made  a list of layouts I wanted to create to complete that year. (Yes, I do know that 2008 came before 2009, however I rarely scrap in order and simply work on what's inspiring me at the moment. Obviously working backwards is inspiring me now! LOL) Here's a look at a couple of the 2008 layouts I've completed.

This will be the opening page of my album and was inspired by Shimelle's Sketch Seven from earlier this year. I used blank Scrabble tiles and tiny number stickers for the date.

We enjoyed a fun vacation week that fall with a couple of motorcycle road trips. I used some brand new road map washi tape as the base for my embellishment clusters on this layout. This was also my first time to use a Project Life journal card - several of the ladies at the crop in Corsicana brought their extra cards to trade and they gave me a wonderful little stack of these fun cards.

This last layout will go near the end of the 2nd 2008 album (yes, it's 2 volumes) showcasing a couple of photos from Christmas Eve.

I'll be sharing more 2008 layouts in a few days - some in divided page protectors and others using memorabilia only with  no photos.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

You've inspired me to think about scrapping past years as an album as a whole :) I never scrap in any order either so I'm hoping this wont be much of a problem

Karen said...

My scrapping has never been chronological, and I have YEARS of photos that will probably never get scrapped. I'm liking my version of Project Life, though, and think that will at least keep me current.

I love the cluster of embellishments on the first layout, and the PL journaling card works great on #2. I've never seen Washi road map tape, but that would be a great addition to travel layouts!

Alison said...

Great layouts Melissa...I am REALLY hoping to get some scrapping done this week!!
Alison xx

Debbie P said...

Awesome job! They all look great! Love the colors!

Tammy said...

Great layouts. Really love the design of the first one and now I need to go searching for that sketch on Shimelle's blog! I have a couple layouts in progress that use older photos too. I'm with you - I work on whatever inspires me in the moment. :)

Missus Wookie said...

Working on whatever inspires me is always my favourite way of working out what I want to do. I do like the idea of finishing and filling in album pages but then I like the 'it's never finished.... style too'.

I like the clusters of embellishments and can see me looking for map washi tape and scrabble letters now.