Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

LSNED: 4th - 6th

I'm using 12x12 divided page protectors for my LSNED lessons this year, with two 4x6 sections for each day - one for the lesson that I'm adding to my pre-made journal cards & one for a photo. I am reading Shimelle's prompts each day, however I'm using those more as a reminder to be aware of what I'm learning (or remembering) throughout the day rather than using the prompt idea itself. Here's what I learned on the fourth, fifth, and sixth.

Wednesday I attended the library book club meeting where we discussed Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. (See my review of the book here.) A cruise to Antarctica is a huge part of the story line in this book, and one of the librarians shared some slides and information about Antarctica as part of the meeting. I learned that the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station is at the geographic south pole, that there have been three structures constructed at that site, and the ceremonial South Pole is there. I did not think to snap a photo during the meeting, so I found a photo of the ceremonial South Pole on Wikipedia to include on my LSNED page.

Thursday I worked on preparations for the Bible study I'll begin leading these week and learned that the My Heart - Christ's Home pamphlet (& Bible study & children's book) was based on a sermon Robert Boyd Munger first shared at First Presbyterian Church - Berkeley in 1947. I'm sure I've read that information before but it struck a chord with me this time as I'll be leading the study at a First Presbyterian Church (although it's 1700+ miles from Berkeley!).

I spent the day Friday moving the bookshelves (& all the books) in our front room from one wall to another as I'm re-arranging and re-decorating here at home. The bookshelves had sunk into the carpeting and were a little difficult to move, which made me contemplate how when something (or someone) has been in the same spot for a long time, it may take some extra effort to move it and get it unstuck from that spot (or situation).

The divided page protector I used for these lessons has portrait orientation sections, so I put the journal box and photo for each day in one column.
 
As always with this project, I'm amazed at the lessons I learn each day when I'm actually making the effort to be more aware of them!

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Interesting lessons! I'm posting a few of mine over the next few days. I really like your layout.
Rinda

Karen said...

You do such a great job with these lessons!

Missus Wookie said...

Thank you for sharing - fun to see how you're putting the being aware to work in your every day life.