Friday, June 14, 2013

Brazos Drive-In

As I was cleaning out my red color bin recently, I pulled out a few miscellaneous items and challenged myself to use them on a layout. It was quite a hodge podge of items:
*a scalloped circle
*a star burst brad
*a slipcover strip with button & elastic band that was around a Starbucks gift set from last Christmas
*a rectangular piece of leather
*two admission tickets
*three popcorn & one Coca-Cola buttons
*a strip of old paper ribbon with red stars
*a border strip

I flipped through my storage binders and found three photos from our visit to a drive-in theatre last year. I took a photo of the movie screen before the movie started, however except for the moon off to the right side it wasn't a very interesting photo. I decided it provided the perfect spot for my journaling.

What do you think? Do all those hodge podge pieces go together after all?

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

What a great way to use up an assortment of stash....and a great idea to journal on the photo.

Sian said...

Yes! It makes for a satisfying page when the eye can move round and examine all the different bits, I think

Ellyn said...

they sure do!

Karen said...

That's the wonder of a color bin---it ties it altogether!

alexa said...

Neat work! Those little bits and prices do indeed catch the eye and yet still draw attention to your photos.

Debbie P said...

Melissa, this is fantastic! I adore those movie embellishments!!! You have inspired me to do this with my stash. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by all the things I'm collecting! Love the layout!

S said...

Oh yes, they look great on that page. That is a fun way to challenge yourself to use up loose bits and bobs - and a unifying color makes it work. Nicely done, Melissa.