Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

2009 Album Divided Pages

I've decided it's time to finish up my 2009 scrapbook, so I recently went through my completed layouts and my remaining printed photos & memorabilia to determine which stories I needed to scrap to complete it. I realized that I needed an introduction page for the album, and I chose a divided page protector and photos of our home as the title page.

Of course, this meant that I needed to fill in the back of that divided sheet, so I chose to highlight photos of Robbie in his collectibles room.

I really like how these page protectors allow me to create quick and simple layouts when I have a group of 4x6 photos to showcase, yet there's still room to add some patterned paper or cardstock or a sticker or even some washi tape!

Watch for more layouts from 2009 as I continue recording the stories from that year! Do you have any albums or projects that you want to complete this summer?

9 comments:

Sandra said...

What a lovely album. Oh you've made me want to take similar photos now for my project life :)

Sian said...

Good question. I'm hoping to make an album of our summer cruise. Those photos of the collectables room are brilliant!

Cheri said...

It's always a puzzle trying to figure out what to do with the backside of those page protectors! I want to finish up old Disney albums (1999 & 2001) that are mostly done just missing a few pages and all the divider pages for my LOM albums.

LeAnne said...

Oh goodness, where to start. :)

Missus Wookie said...

I like divided page protectors for just those reasons. Nicely showcasing parts of your home too. Those photos of Robbie's room are lovely and make me want to come visit - we'd have such fun hearing where everything was from.

As for projects - yep there is a list somewhere....

Debbie P said...

You know, I purchased a bunch of the divided page protectors for just this purpose and have yet to use them! Sheesh, you really have inspired me! Looks awesome!

Cheryl M said...

Great job Melissa. I like the idea of using those divided page protectors at the beginning of your album. You have a LOVELY home and Robbie's room is LOADED! You're going to have to build on! LOL

Karen said...

I love divided page protectors, and yours were put to great use with these two! I haven't decided quite what to do about our trip--a photo book or a scrapbook?

alexa said...

Oh my goodness, look at those collectibles! A great way to bookend your lovely album ...