Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

House Hunting

This week's challenge in the Library of Memories Community is to create a layout "that combines pictures and words in a way that no one else could." I pulled two photos from my 2009 Storage Binder - these photos were taken three months apart and could be considered totally unrelated. However, I knew I wanted to use them to tell the story of the months my parents spent hunting for a new home.

When I sat down to work on this layout, I remembered another story that went along with this theme.

I used a Shimelle sketch from 2011 as inspiration for this layout and am thrilled to have these stories documented.

Have you combined photos from different times to document a story lately?

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It's a great idea,Melissa....I'm sure that I've got photos that I could do this with.

Jane said...

must think about this one.

Sian said...

You've got me thinking with this one..combining in a way no one else could? Mmm..

Tammy said...

Awesome layout, Melissa! I use photos from different time periods so much that I don't even think it's not the norm anymore. That is the beauty of aging your photos - the awesome connections you can make later. :) Have a great weekend!

Sue Althouse said...

Great idea and a wonderful layout! I've been going through my Category Drawers, trying to make connections and combine photos I would not ordinarily have thought of putting together. This may be a good summer project.

Sandra said...

That's a very clever idea and you your layout looks lovely

Debbie P said...

So pretty! I love your embellishments and pp's!

alexa said...

That's a neat challenge and one you really met, with all those great placements of journaling for the layers of stories...

Alison said...

I thought you were on the move when I saw the title of this post, Melissa...great layout!
Alison xx