Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Altered Clipboards - Double Page Layout Week

This week is double page layout week here at Daily Life - Bits & Pieces, and each day I am sharing a two page layout inspired by a sketch from the BPC Double Take workshop I took last fall. I pulled out the sketches and several batches of photos recently and created all new layouts inspired by the sketches.

Some of you may remember the altered clipboards I made as Christmas gifts a few years ago. I pulled these photos from my 2010 storage binder and set to work.

 Journaling reads: This was the first year I've ever hand made all my Christmas gifts. These altered clipboards took a couple of weeks to create as I wanted each one to be personalized. Honestly I was a little nervous about how they would be received, but everyone seemed pleased and I've noticed some of them in use lately!

As you can see, I am still enjoying my new found addiction to washi tape! I pleated the green chevron patterned washi tape to create a rounded border for my title block. What have you used your washi tape for lately?

8 comments:

humel said...

Lovely, Melissa :) My washi tape? Um.... I've taken it out and admired it a few times, does that count?!

Cheri said...

I remember those gorgeous clipboards from when you first posted them! Haven't used washi tape since Corsicana, but then, my paper scrapping since then has been very limited.

Ellyn said...

I still want to make some of those clipboards.

Sian said...

I found some in TK Maxx today - so I am using mine to admire my bargain finding skill lol

I love that ruffly pleat and yes I remember the clipboards and how much I loved their personalised-ness

Rebekah said...

Very nice! Loving washi tape too!! Love how you pleated it!

Elizabeth said...

That's something I haven't tried yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

Missus Wookie said...

Cool use of washi tape - I sealed a birthday card envelope up with it yesterday....

Beverly said...

I love the colors for this layout and definitely remember the clipboards as I was making them too. Last year I made them for a homemade holiday gift exchange. Now I'm making them for a Christmas show I'm doing.