Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pun'kin's Visit 2007

One of Sian's layouts has been turned into a sketch for the Sketchbook365 October challenge. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, then you know that I enjoy sketches. I pulled a couple of photos from my niece's visit back in 2007 and set to work.

I knew I would have to modify the sketch because I wanted to include this note that Pun'kin wrote along with her drawing of me standing (upside down it seems) on the sidewalk watching her ride her bike.

I then added some square punched photos and small square embellishment blocks with several bits & pieces in each block.

The final step was adding the corner banner and title block.

This was a fun sketch to work with - I especially enjoyed creating the small embellishment clusters. Thanks Sian for the inspiration!

5 comments:

Jane said...

what a cute little note!

Sian said...

Melissa, this feels like a very special version of the sketch to me - becasue I know that you know how much I love it when you include memorabilia on your pages :) It's perfect! Thank you so much for using the 365 Sketch and letting us all see that note

alexa said...

How lovely that you included the little note - it makes it all the more special ... Great take on the sketch. :)

Karen said...

Love the inclusion of the note and the photo strip across the top. What a great way to remember a visit!

Missus Wookie said...

Love the note and that you made it prominent :)

Punkin used to be my nickname many many years ago so it made me smile.