Thursday, September 6, 2012

August 2012 Photo I Love

This month's layout for my 2012 Photos I Love album is a little different than the previous months. You might recall that I am using square punched pieces as a border on these 8x8 layouts. The square punched pieces represent papers I have used in layouts throughout the month, however I only created a few layouts in August. This left me with only a few squares, so I added some stamping in the empty spaces to complete the border.


Journaling reads: August means pre-season football at our house as we root for the Cleveland Browns and the Dallas Cowboys and await the start of regular season games (& cooler weather!).

Yes, that is a delicious cake in the traditional Cleveland Browns colors! I think next time Robbie should make the cake in the Dallas Cowboys colors, don't you?

11 comments:

Jane said...

looks yummy!!

Karen said...

I like the addition of the stamping very much!

Sian said...

I think this is a terrific idea - it takes rounding up the month to a whole new scrapbooking level!

Ellyn said...

ewww a cake in cowboys colors? that just sounds disgusting! LOL

Tammy said...

Yum that looks good! But when you started to talk about football my mind started wandering....la la la.... I am just not a sports fan. But actually take me to a game and I might be a little more interested! :)

Elizabeth said...

The cake looks good enough to eat! Great layout even though I am not a sports fan either. Oh, I do love NASCAR but I don't think that's a sport.

humel said...

Clever to add in stamping, it looks great - and YUM to the cake! :)

Sue Althouse said...

Love the Cleveland Browns cake! You must be pretty happy after that Cowboys victory!

MonicaB said...

It's football season around here to but we are Black & Gold - Steelers all the way!! Love the page and great idea to use your stamps to fill in the empty spaces.

Linda said...

I love the idea of using the square punch pieces of pp you've used in the month! Great way to use up scraps!

S said...

I'm loving all the dots and fewer patterns - well done adapting to what you have!