Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Picasso's Flowers in a Vase

Several years ago we encountered Pablo Picasso's Flowers in a Vase at the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, and the photo was perfect for another layout inspired by materials in the Dimensional Details workshop.
I had fun creating these embellishment clusters with premade flowers, chipboard pieces, and miscellaneous paper and plastic leaves.

Have you created any dimensional clusters lately?

8 comments:

humel said...

Perfect indeed :) Lovely!

And to answer your question, no, but I've just ordered a new punch so I can try out a technique to create a dimensional layered flower, so soon I should be able to say 'yes'!

alexa said...

I've not done anything dimensional for ages - your clusters are very pretty.

Linda said...

What gorgeous flowers! Lovely:)

Cheryl M said...

Oh I so love the colors you used, the composition is attractive, and what a lovely job you did with the clustering. When clustering began in scrapbooking, it really made an impact on our layouts didn't it?
Wonderful Melissa!!

Sian said...

What a really effective and striking way to echo the flowers in the picture. It works so well!

..and you know me - I love to cluster things together

Elizabeth said...

I am a big fan of striped papers so this layout really appeals to me. On a side note, this is the first time I've seen Picasso's Flowers in a Vase. I suppose this is a period before he started making art I've never understood?

Alison said...

Love your clusters!
Alison xx

S said...

Wow, those clusters were masterfully done - Pablo would approve. I only do elaborate clusters once in a while - but I've learned to do lots and lots of little gatherings whenever I start to put down any embellishment at all.