Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

5 Things I Love About The USA


This layout was inspired by a weekly challenge in the Library of Memories Community workshop at BPC. Stacy Julian challenged us to write down five things we love about our country, and I decided to create a layout using up some older patriotic supplies from my stash.

I flipped through my storage binders and found this photo that was taken a couple of years ago when we visited a nearby park's display of Christmas lights.


1. Freedom to worship God & share my beliefs.
2. Freedom to travel from state to state & enjoy the beauty & diversity of this land.
3. Freedom to make my dreams come true.
4. Freedom to vote.
5. Freedom to scrap all day long without persecution.

10 comments:

Ellyn said...

I have a new thing I love about the USA after traveling abroad.... great fabric stores! We are so spoiled. And you Melissa, you're a great thing about the USA too!

Linda said...

Hi Melissa! I haven't visited your blog for a while. Love your new craft room! This 5 things LO is great! made me smile even though I'm from the UK!

S said...

Great layout - #5 made me smile even a little wider!

scrappyjacky said...

A great patriotic layout....I think your 5 things apply over here as well.

Ginger said...

A lovely and perfectly patriotic layout!

MonicaB said...

Your page is wonderful and your list made me smile. I need to make a page like this for my mom. She wasn't born in the USA but she is the most patriotic person I know. Thanks for the inspiration.

Elizabeth said...

Nice layout! I really like all the layers you used, and the patriotic feeling I got when I saw the layout.

Alison said...

What a great Patriotic page Melissa
Alison xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

The last one made me laugh out loud!
Rinda

Karen said...

Like Rinda, I was laughing out loud when I got to #5. Great list!