Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Surprise Happy Mail

I wasn't expecting anything special when I discovered this in my mailbox today!



There was a tiny pig sketched beside the return address - a definite indication that this was from Ruth of Chatty Crafty Arty Pig. Inside I discovered a wonderful selection of patriotic UK goodies in celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year.


Ruth wrote me such a lovely note inside the handmade card and those little round punched pieces were hiding scrumptious chocolates inside! I've seen quite a few posts with crafty creations and stories about celebrations in the UK over the past few months and now I feel like I can join in a little bit as I use my new towel, showcase this lovely card, and indulge in a few treats. Thanks Ruth for this fantastic surprise which definitely brightened my day!

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

What lovely Happy Mail,Melissa.

Maria Ontiveros said...

That tea towel is awesome!
Rinda

Ellyn said...

awesome mail!

Sian said...

What a lovely surprise!

Tammy said...

Awesome surprise. Love me some happy mail! Enjoy your goodies!

Sue Althouse said...

Wow, what a fantastic surprise! Lovely, lovely.