Carolyn's 6 weeks of Finding Fun has begun, and the first week's theme was posted last Friday - Walking. We had a "free" day on Saturday, and I immediately set to work planning a fun day which would include a walk in nature. I also decided to incorporate my Twelve Photos into the day (because unlike Jan, Feb & March, I did not take my photos on the twelfth of April when the prompts came out on Dozen Day in the BPC Twelve workshop). I have to admit I took a very broad view of the prompts in order to make them work for the day, but that's ok because it was totally FUN!
1. Your Kitchen Sink - here we are, ready to head out for a day of fun & walking.
3. A Mobile Device - Robbie enjoyed some reading time using his Kindle.
4. An Appointment - our only appointment that day was with nature itself.
5. A Friend - me & my best friend ready to hit the trail.
6. A Gift - almost a year ago, a friend gave me this fantastic tube of bubbles & I thought this would be the perfect day to try it out.
8. Organization - because of Carolyn's inspiration to plan some fun, I used my organizational skills to be sure we had some delicious chicken salad sandwiches to enjoy. (And Robbie used his culinary skills to make the chicken salad!)
9. Friendly - I think these six butterflies were having a nice friendly visit.
10. Tired - even though we've had several rains this spring, last year's drought conditions were still evident along the trail.
12. Progress - I made some progress on coloring this page in a fun activity book while we were resting at the picnic site.
I'm looking forward to seeing what fun Carolyn has in store for us over the next five weeks. Be sure to check out her ideas for Walking Fun here.