Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Shimelle's Second Challenge

It's just now noon here in Texas and I've completed my second layout of the day! Shimelle's second challenge was a little more difficult, yet also easy. The challenge is to create a page using three or more paper collections. The difficult part is that I rarely never pay attention to the manufacturer or collection when I'm buying or using products. I just buy what I like and use what works with my photos and stories. Luckily, I had this huge pile of new papers that I've picked up over the past few weeks sitting next to my craft table & I was able to pull papers that had that nice little tab telling me the manufacturer & collection.


I decided to use sketch 5 from the 28 Sketches workshop for this layout, thus combining some inspiration this weekend!

Journaling reads: I love it when I'm scrapbooking or blogging and Robbie comes in bringing me a little snack.

Supplies:
Crate Paper Random Collection Textile (background paper)
Graphic 45 On the Boardwalk Collection (paper strip with girl drinking)
Simple Stories Year-O-Graphy (paper strip with days of week)
Cosmo Crick Odds & Ends (abc sticker strip) & Tiny Type
Bazzill red cards, chipboard letters, Coca-Cola truck sticker (from my stash)
Round Coca-Cola embellishment cut from the box that held a collectible card set Robbie purchased recently (he, of course, knew I would want it for my stash)

So, you see, the easy part was combining different collections - because that's what I always do!

And lest you think I skipped sketch 4 in the 28 Sketches workshop, here's the two-page 8 1/2x 11 layout I created before heading to bed late last night. These late 1980s photos are of Robbie's first apartment. Notice the Grinch he painted on his window that Christmas - pretty good artist, isn't he?

6 comments:

Alison said...

Love this ...your coca cola embellishments are fab! You are really on the ball this weekend!
Alison xx

Mel said...

I wish I had someone to bring me a little snack! Glad you're enjoying playing along - I am too!

Debbie P said...

I love the coca-cola layout! How cool is that! Love all your product choices. It is awesome. And I saw the layout about your hubby's first apartment at BPC. Wish I had photos of our first apartment. That is so cool!

Rebekah said...

OOO, that sounds delightful to have a delivered snack to your scrapbook corner! WTG, been out and about 3 days in a row now and I'm exhausted. Hoping for some crafty time tomorrow, but we'll see!

Cynthia said...

That Coca-Cola page is just awesome! Love that 50's vibe!! The papers are perfect!

S said...

I'm enjoying see all our layouts even though I haven't commented on all the posts. I still have to tackle this challenge - I usually use lots of mixed collections but haven't managed to do a page like this for the challenge.