Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ten on the Tenth - Canton Trade Days

Last weekend we spent a beautiful sunshiny day wandering around Canton Trade Days, the "world's larget flea market." I snapped photos of the variety of items for sale throughout the day and am sharing ten of my favorites with y'all today. I enjoyed playing around with two of Kim Klassen's textures (paper stained & paperstainedmusic) on these photos.











And here's one bonus photo because
you just never know who you might see at a flea market.

Check out Shimelle's blog for more Ten Things posts!

20 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like somewhere I would love.

Mary B said...

Lovely sunshiny day make these photo really come alive

Donna said...

Wow looks like you could easily spend all day there picking up bargins...

Donna said...

Wow looks like you could easily spend all day there picking up bargins...

Tammy said...

So many lovely things to see! Did you pick up any of these treasures? That looks like an awesome flea market! :)

Miriam said...

Wow! now I would need the largest suitcase in that pile to carry all the things I would buy. What a great list.

MonicaB said...

Wow what a fun day! Great photos.

RebeccaHoot said...

I want to go!

Irene said...

Ha...ha..love the bonus picture:) Looks like my kind of place!

Nance said...

Great job on the photoshop and lovely photos. Did you get anything for yourself?

Ellyn said...

I still haven't been to Canton. I'd like to go sometime

Karen said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Did you bring anything home?

Maria Ontiveros said...

So much fun! And what a nice day weather-wise
Rinda

Ruth said...

What a wonderful set of photos! Thanks for sharing.

Sian said...

What an amazing place! Thanks for letting us take a peep

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh, I would LOVE to wander around there, ooohhh all that gorgeous china and glass :)

Alison said...

Great set of pics Melissa!
Alison xx

Alysse said...

Really? Someone was selling Ronald McDonald!?! Crazy things you see at a flea market!

Pam said...

Looks like a great place - that golden Mickey Mouse caught my eye, but Disney stuff usually does! :)

Jane said...

my sort of place!