Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cards from Recipes

One of my goals this year is to work through all the classes in my online accounts, so I used "recipes" from the BPC self-paced Cooking Up Cards class to create several cards last month.

I used Kim Kesti's recipe (the same ones I used on some of my Valentine's cards) and scraps from my Non-Traditional Valentine's Day layout to create these first three cards.




Betsy Veldman's recipe was the inspiration for this anniversary card for my parents.


And Teri Anderson's recipe was the inspiration for this last card.


These cards were fun to make and such a great way to use up some pieces from my scrap bin.

7 comments:

Sian said...

Fun to make and now you have a satisfying stock of pretty cards too

Karen said...

Love the reds and yellows in the first cards. Using up scraps is always very satisfying.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the sketches - they seem easy to adapt.
Rinda

Alison said...

Well done you!...love the Anniversary card!
Alison xx

Sue Althouse said...

Nice cards! Now you've got a stash!

Sandra said...

You've got such a lovely collection of cards there, bet you're pleased :)

Tammy said...

I always love good sketch! Or whatever they are calling them at the moment. :) These cards are fabulous!