Once again it is Dozen Day in the BPC Twelve workshop, and we received a new handout with 12 photo-taking opportunities. In my quest to take 12 photos based on the prompts each month on the 12th, I found today's prompts quite challenging. With the exception of #11 (waking up - which I staged first thing this morning after downloading the prompts), I simply walked around the house this afternoon and snapped photos. So, here for your enjoyment (or amusement) is my interpretation of the prompts.
1. Your Front Door - I'm sure most people would visualize the outside of their front door for this prompt, however since I am most often looking at it from the inside I decided to shoot it from there.
2. Time - This clock hangs over our mantle.
Holiday Decor - This was difficult since we don't really decorate for Valentine's Day and all the Christmas decorations have been safely stowed back in the attic. However, this carousel (which plays a Christmas tune when turned on) is displayed year round on the game shelf.
Dirty - Yikes, dirty dishes in the sick. I must have been scrapping all day and not gotten to these yet.
Someone's Occupation - A computer and ten-key always remind me of Robbie working hard in his position as CFO.
Paper - Two new paper pads I picked up at Big Lots yesterday.
A Pet - In my family we always had cats & dogs in the house when I was growing up. One year when Mama asked me what I wanted for Christmas I said, "A cat that doesn't shed!" Here's the pet I found under the tree that year, the only one in our home today.
8. A Favorite Blanket - If you've been reading my blog for very long, you'll know there are several quilters in my family. Therefore, I have substituted a photo of one of my favorite quilts as I don't have a blanket in sight.
9. A Favorite Book - I am currently re-reading one of my all-time favorite books, The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. I am starting a book club that will meet in my home each month to discuss a Christian book and this is our first selection.
10. Something You Won't Have In 5 Years - My Expedition will be 10 years old this summer and currently has 162,000+ miles. I'm hoping to replace it by the end of the year.
Waking Up - Even though this is a staged photo, I like it because it reminds me that when I was growing up Daddy always turned the light on in our room when it was time to get up for the day.
Money - A peek inside my coin cup.