Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Twelve Photos - February
1. Your Front Door - I'm sure most people would visualize the outside of their front door for this prompt, however since I am most often looking at it from the inside I decided to shoot it from there.
2. Time - This clock hangs over our mantle.
Holiday Decor - This was difficult since we don't really decorate for Valentine's Day and all the Christmas decorations have been safely stowed back in the attic. However, this carousel (which plays a Christmas tune when turned on) is displayed year round on the game shelf.
Dirty - Yikes, dirty dishes in the sick. I must have been scrapping all day and not gotten to these yet.
Someone's Occupation - A computer and ten-key always remind me of Robbie working hard in his position as CFO.
Paper - Two new paper pads I picked up at Big Lots yesterday.
A Pet - In my family we always had cats & dogs in the house when I was growing up. One year when Mama asked me what I wanted for Christmas I said, "A cat that doesn't shed!" Here's the pet I found under the tree that year, the only one in our home today.
8. A Favorite Blanket - If you've been reading my blog for very long, you'll know there are several quilters in my family. Therefore, I have substituted a photo of one of my favorite quilts as I don't have a blanket in sight.
9. A Favorite Book - I am currently re-reading one of my all-time favorite books, The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. I am starting a book club that will meet in my home each month to discuss a Christian book and this is our first selection.
10. Something You Won't Have In 5 Years - My Expedition will be 10 years old this summer and currently has 162,000+ miles. I'm hoping to replace it by the end of the year.
Waking Up - Even though this is a staged photo, I like it because it reminds me that when I was growing up Daddy always turned the light on in our room when it was time to get up for the day.
Money - A peek inside my coin cup.