Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I had a great time earlier this month creating Valentine's Day cards. I decided it was time to look at the materials in the BPC Cooking Up Cards self-paced class that has been sitting in my account for several months. This class has four card "recipes" with examples of each from four different "chefs".

I used Kim Kesti's Signature Card "recipe" to create these first three cards. I have a box of blank cards, so I started with those and used a variety of paper scraps, heart brads, a CTMH sentiment stamp, and some very old stickers to finish them.

I pulled a tag and some die cut hearts (that I received in a swap over 3 years ago) from my stash for this next card. I even embellished the inside of the card & the envelope. So excited to be using up some old stash.



Robbie and I have never really had a traditional Valentine's Day celebration (I'm hoping to create a layout about that soon!) and today was no exception as Robbie had surgery to remove his gall bladder! (He is doing well; we're home already and he is resting.)

Did you do something special for Valentine's Day this year or do you have a yearly tradition to commerate this day each February?

14 comments:

Amy said...

My wishes to Robbie for a speedy recovery!

Tammy said...

Best wishes to Robbie! Hope he's on the mend and back to 100% soon. Love your cards. I really like that first card design with the circle and the sentiment on the banner. Cute!! :)

Rebekah said...

Hope he has a quick recovery. I posted today with all my themed things. Love to bake and cook up a storm for fun days like this!

Ginger said...

Get well soon Robbie!

Love your new photo on your blog banner - it sure is uplifting:)

I just posted a card on my blog and we don`t do much for Valentine`s - we plan to go out for dinner on Friday :)

Alison said...

Hope Robbie makes a speedy recovery..love your Valentine projects-I love that our American cousins include family and friends in this holiday- in the UK it's very much just for couples!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

Best wishes to Robbie.
Lovely projects.

Jane said...

so glad all went well xx

Sian said...

Wow, I hope he is soon feeling much better! I'm guessing he has been feeling bad for a while with that, sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Beverly said...

Lifting healing prayers for Robbie. The Chosen One and I delivered goodies to our college homegrowns on Saturday and I sent goodies into work with him (which he admitted to hitting heavily on the drive to work)Our evening was very low key bec I am under the weather.

Danielle Hunter said...

Lovely cards! Glad to hear that Robbie is doing well.

Karen said...

My brother just had the same surgery a month or so ago. I hope Robbie recovers as quickly as he did! Great valentines!

Sue Althouse said...

Best wishes to Robbie for a quick and full recovery. My husband had his gall bladder removed a few years ago, on the day after Christmas! Your cards are so lovely!

Nathalie said...

Your cards are lovely and I hope that you had a wonderful "regular" february 14th :) We typically don't do anything either except maybe a card...

cate said...

wishing Robbie a speedy recovery! I love the colour combination of the top cards!