Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Which Game Will He Play?

I was hopping through blogland today when I happened upon Shimelle's latest Starting Point. I had a photo and piece of cardstock on my craft table that I was planning to scrap next, but I didn't really have a layout design in mind yet. I knew instantly that the first starting point in Shimelle's post would work perfectly. I turned the sketch to fit the orientation of my photo and set to work. Of course, in my inspired state, I forgot to take a photo of the layout with just the starting point elements - background paper, a pile of patterned papers as the base for the photo, and a longer strip of patterned paper.


I took this photo of Andrew while he was visiting last fall. I had it all planned that I would capture a great shot of him with these different sports balls all lined up, however he only stayed put long enough for this one shot!


Have you tried any of Shimelle's Starting Points lately? I like how this one helped me use a variety of patterned papers as a base for the photo.

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It makes a great page....and I love that bright orange background.

S said...

Is there anything happier than an orange page - this looks great.

Jane said...

I'm planning on doing this soon, love the layout and the photo, which did he choose I wonder?

MonicaB said...

Wonderful page. I have never used one of Shimelle's Starting Points. I'll have to check them out.

Sian said...

What a wonderfully happy page and super action shot

Alison said...

Great psage Melissa...haven't gotten around to any of this year's 'starting points' yet!
Alison xx

Debbie P said...

Beautiful layout! I love Shimelle's Starting Points! It did work perfectly for this. I really like your new profile photo on your blog. Very pretty. :)