Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Reclaiming My Time
One of the main components of this class involved dividing the thing we do into group. I started out with lots of group, however after working through all the materials,combining groups, and adding new groups for things I'd like to work on this year, I ended up with 14 groups. I then journaled about how I will spend my time this year in each of these groups.
My groups are:
(2) Spiritual Growth
(12) Household Chores
(13) Taking Care of Me*
(14) Scrapbook Industry "Work"
Another activity in the workshop encouraged us to create a list of five main goals for the year. I actually ended up with six main goals. (These are, of course, in addition to my lifetime goal of continually drawing closer to the Lord.)
(1) Maintain a deep connection with Robbie. I don't think we should ever take our most important relationships for granted, however I have to admit this will be my easiest goal because Robbie and I are so deeply connected already.
(2) Lose 20 pounds. I believe this will be my most difficult goal, but one that I am determined to accomplish nonetheless.
(3) Work through each room/area of our home to organize/declutter/redecorate. We've already started on this as we are remodeling the laundry room (photos from that project coming soon!)
(4) Learn to use new DSLR camera. I'll be taking classes and lots of photos as I learn what all those little dials and settings can do!
(5) Work through all paid for online classes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has unfinished (or unopened) classes waiting to be completed, right?
(6) Create an online class.
I really like the way this workshop was scheduled and how it allowed us to work from how we THOUGHT we spent our time to how we ACTUALLY spent our time to how we WILL spend our time this year. I'm looking forward to tracking my progress through monthly check-ins on the message boards.
Anyone else take this workshop? Have you set specific goals for yourself for 2012?