Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Third Day of Christmas - Letters to Santa

BPC 12 Days of Christmas workshop
3rd Day of Christmas
Photo Prompt - Child Writing to Santa Claus
Teacher - Karen Grunberg
My Layout - Dear Family & Friends

As soon as I saw that the day 3 prompt was to capture photos of children writing letters to Santa Claus, I knew I would need to adapt it somehow. I decided to use a photo Robbie took of me last year while I was getting our Christmas cards ready to be mailed. Instead of a Dear Santa layout, I created a Dear Family & Friends layout documenting the fact that I still like to send out cards, even though it seems many of our family and friends rely on technology to keep in touch instead.

I really like the technique Karen used to create a frame for the page then adhere a piece of lace or ribbon to the back of it before securing it to the background cardstock. I used a much wider lace than she did in her example, but I think it has a nice festive look. I also modified the layout by using only one photo whereas Karen used a series of four smaller photos on her layout.

We don't send as many Christmas cards as we used to, but I still enjoy taking time to sign each card and often write a personal note to the recipient. This year I sent out cards to family and close friends and also sent some festive mail art to some of my bloggy pals. Unfortunately, I spent most of December enjoying the holidays and didn't get a card or mail art created for everyone I had hoped to. However, that means I can have fun in January sending out New Year's greetings, right?

I know that some of you still send cards in the mail because I was the lucky recipient of them! They came from all across the United States and around the world - thank you to each of you who took time to brighten my holidays!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a great way to adapt the prompt!

Sandra said...

I so like your take on this challenge

MonicaB said...

I love how you adapted the prompt. The lace border looks amazing!