Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Inspiring Videos

Have you noticed all the inspiring videos popping up lately? Today I want to share links with you to some of my recent favorites.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you've probably seen some of my Photo Album Scrapbooks, an idea I first learned from Stacy Julian when I set up my Library of Memories system. Stacy shares several of her albums and the process to create these fun keepsakes in a recent My Craft Channel episode - Photo Album Scrapbooking.

My Craft Channel is brand new this month and another video that I really enjoyed was Ella Publishing's Your Life in Lists. Near the end of this video, Wendy & Angie share how to create a handmade book of lists. I especially like the one with eclectic pages, a great gift idea that can be personalized for anyone.

Noell Hyman is sharing a free video on Repurposing Stuff Into Scrapbooking as they celebrate Paperclipping's 5th birthday. I often use everyday items on my layouts, however there were several ideas in this video that I hadn't thought to try. I especially like the way she uses a clear bag like a transparency.

Each week Shimelle shares a sketch to layout video. I always enjoy watching her create a layout and hearing her explain the process and her reasons for choosing certain products and embellishments.

Have you found any inspirating videos lately? If so, please leave a link in the comments so I can check them out.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I have seen many links...haven't watched them yet. Looking forward to My Craft Channel, but haven't peeked yet. I love Noel's stuff and weekly show, but I can hardly keep up with listening. I'm behind several episodes, but whenever I do listen, I'm always smiling and enjoying it!

Beverly said...

Thanks for the links, I hope to come back to them. I recently got the SheARt workshop and am buried with videos to watch.

cate said...

videos seem to be the way of the future at the moment, and until recently I had tried everything in my power to avoid watching them! then one day I decided to watch shimelle's sketch of the week video, then stacy's first video at my craft channel, and now I'm hooked!