Journaling reads:Instructions for an Evening of Fun & Laughter
1. Gather together one aunt, one uncle & one teenage niece on her summer visit.
2. Sprawl out on the floor & get comfortable.
3. Shuffle one deck of SKIP-BO cards and deal everyone a hand.
4. Find "errands" for the niece to do so there's time to add lots of cards to her stock pile.
5. Keep a straight face (as long as you can) when the niece does not realize she has 1/3 of the deck in her stock pile and enthusiastically says, "I'm doing really good!"
6. If all else fails, hide behind your SKIP-BO cards.
7. Finally, let the niece in on the joke and then laugh as hard and as long as you can.
8. Looking back, remember simply lying on the floor and playing cards leads to much fun & laughter.
[This layout is based on The Mother LOAD Day 2 prompt and also shares a lesson learned (#8 above) which is the focus of Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day class that takes place each September.]
Yesterday, after finishing my LOAD Day 1 layout, I was able to also complete my digital monthly overview layout for August and create five cards that I need for September and October. The first two cards were simple with just a few scraps of patterned paper & cardstock plus some simple stamping.
This next card was created with leftover scraps from my LOAD layout.
And the final two cards were inspired by this post on Jacky's blog.
Thanks so much to those of you who left lovely comments on my LOAD Day 1 interactive layout. I have already checked a couple of the items off my goal list for today. I'll share the completed layout at the end of the month.