Friday, September 16, 2011

LOAD Day 16

I spent most of today cleaning our bedroom - dusting, vacuuming, moving furniture so I could clean the dust behind and underneath it, wiping down walls and furniture, etc. I'm pretty exhausted this evening, so I decided to scraplift myself and duplicate a layout I'd previously created.

I created this layout in 2009 for my great-nephew's scrapbook that his mom was putting together. It was one of my first times to use a sketch to create a layout. (Sorry I can't remember where the original sketch came from.)

I had planned to create a similar layout for my albums and had these same photos printed and in my 2009 storage binder. I had printed the larger sized photo for my original layout, but decided to use the 4x6s I had on hand to create a layout today. I also used letter stickers instead of cutting the title on my Cricut, simply for convenience as I'm planning to head to bed early.

I'm glad to finally complete this layout for my Family & Friends LOM album. This is only the second time I've made duplicate (or near duplicate) layouts. I'm not sure which one I like the best - what do you think?

In the midst of my cleaning frenzy today there were several bright spots. First, a package arrived from UPS with my order from Scrapbook.com. I needed some more page protectors and then all these letters stickers and a few papers jumped right in my cart with them! :>)


Later another package arrived, this one from my sister. A couple of months ago, she had borrowed a book from me and was returning it along with some craft kits she had that she thought the children's department at our church would enjoy. And since she was sending a box my way, she decided to include some extra goodies - letter stickers, borders, die cuts, rolls of ribbon, a book for me to read, and some cute photo frames to decorate! Thanks Brenda!


I also enjoyed a nice visit from a friend who stopped by to deliver some Mary Kay products I'd ordered last week - the Satin Hands kit. I enjoyed the visit and now I can give my hands some pampering after all that cleaning today.

10 comments:

S said...

Looks like a productive and a playful day for you. I really like Mary Kay's Satin Hands kit too - it keeps my hands from looking like old lady hands!

Ellyn said...

I love both layouts but I think I like the second one a bit better? Love that satin hands...

Amy said...

I am always amazed at what can 'jump' into an online shopping cart!

Good luck with all of the dust, I empathise completely and have had more than one occasion when the dust sheet/plastic protector has been amazingly forgotten ....

Cheri said...

both layouts are cute, but I think I like the color combo in the first one better.

Alison said...

I think I might like the second one a little better, Melissa...I like how the biger pic has been matted. I'm very disappointed that you've not received my Happy Mail yet...I really do hope it's not gone missing!
Alison xx

Jimjams said...

You're doing really well with LOAD - can't imagine managing it myself! I like #2 a little more as all 3 of the photos get space with the title, which I find slightly distracting on #1.
Looks like a good mail day!

Sian said...

I'm glad you got some happy mail to help all that hard work along! I think maybe I prefer the second one? but really I love the happy smiles in both of them!

alexa said...

I'm amazed you can even think about scrapping after all that! I think I like the second one better, just because the title seems more visible were it is now ... But both are lovely.

Karen said...

It never occurs to me to scraplift myself. What a great idea! Like Amy, I'm always "amazed" at what hops in a shopping cart--both online and in stores.

Rebekah said...

I've been busy cleaning our bedroom too! It's the Flylady zone this week must be! :)