Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ten on the Tenth: Day Trip Photos

Yesterday Robbie and I decided to take a day trip to Denton, Texas, to check out a bookstore we'd read about in Texas Highways magazine. The bookstore, Recycled Books, is housed in the old Denton Opera House and is HUGE - three floors and numerous rooms filled with books, movies, and records. The bookstore is on one corner of the town square, so we also visited a few antique shops, a comic shop, and the Denton Hamburger Company. Here are my favorite ten photos from the day:










This post inspired by Shimelle's Ten on the Tenth blog activity. Click here to see more Ten on the Tenth posts.

14 comments:

Alison said...

Great photos Melissa...loved the books'for very tall people'!
Alison xx

Tammy said...

That place looks awesome. Love the idea of "recycled" books! I want to go now! :) Great photos. Looks like you had a great day.

theartsymom said...

We love Recycles books- and the square, glad yall had fun!

Sue Althouse, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Looks like such a fun day! Love used books stores, this one sounds great.

Connie said...

that looked so fun!!!

Cheryl M said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Funny how several of us posted about books this month. LOL

Ginger said...

You both look like you had a wonderful day!

Sherry C said...

Looks like a wonderful day! The books for tall people cracks me up!

scrappyjacky said...

This looks wonderful...I'd need more than a day there!!

S said...

Great shots - looks like a wonderful outing. That bookstore looks very tempting - and I can see you two thought so too!

furrypig said...

wow that shop looks huge it must've taken hours to look at all those books did you buy many in the end??

alexa said...

I love the glimpses into your life like these: so interesting when you live in another country. Love the bookshelves for tall people - I'd be hunting for the ones for small people!

Brenda Kay said...

looks like you both had a great time. Although, I am a bit surprised your stack of books wasn't larger. LOL

MonicaB said...

This is a wonderful book store! I would get lost in a place like that, which would be so fun. I do love the book for tall people section, since I'm the short one in my family at 5'9".