Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mini-Album from Quick Pages

Happy National Scrapbook Day! I hope you have something scrappy planned for today.

I recently received four beautiful digital quick pages from Cheryl when she offered them as a free gift for taking a survey on her Scrap Your Life blog. I've wanted to create a small gift album for my friend Dawn since I hosted a surprise birthday brunch for her early in April, and these Bluebell Quick Pages turned out to be perfect for it.

I was able to put this album together quickly by just dropping my photos into the quick pages and printing them out as 6x6 pages. For the cover, I simply added a title to the photo box.


I really liked the quick page with the mirror for a photo box - it was perfect for me to highlight the photos I took of Dawn with each of the guests at the party. I inked the edges of the pages and used some of my stamps to add friendship sentiments.

I punched holes and bound the book with ribbon. This whole project only took a couple of hours and is a nice memento of the party.


Thanks so much Cheryl for these lovely quick pages!

Since I am a traditional/hybrid scrapper, I rarely use digital quick pages. But I am thrilled with how this album turned out and easily it went together. Anyone else used quick pages lately for a project? If so, please leave me a link in the comments - I'd love to see it.

9 comments:

Cheryl M said...

Wow! I love the added touch you've given the pages. Your project is LOVELY! Ya know, I've never used one of my own products to make a hybrid album such as this and now that I've seen it step by step, I'm up for it!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Jane said...

what a lovely little book and a great present.

Rebekah said...

That looks awesome, what a wonderful gift.

Sian said...

That's a perfect little gift she'll be proud to receive.

I have been working on my first ever digital page, thanks to Alexa's template and instructions.

Rachel B said...

What a lovely album Melissa, I bet she will love it :)

scrappyjacky said...

What a wonderful gift,Melissa

Alison said...

What a lovely gift Melissa!
Alison xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a sweet creation, and a wonderful gift!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

What a thoughtful and beautiful gift! I have used QP's before....I don't have links to share but I love the convenience!!!! xoxo