Inspired by Amy's challenge to scrap something about the everyday, last Sunday I grabbed my camera and took photos of five things that made me smile that day. I had every intention of creating a scrapbook page with those photos, but the week is nearly gone and I haven't done so. However, today Amy issued a new challenge to "grab your camera and take five photos ... of things that you know won't be around in another five years time." Yeah me - I'm ready this time - I'll simply share my photos from last Sunday here on my blog. You see, I believe this blog is just like one of my scrapbooks, a place to record the events and memories of our lives (especially the everyday things). So, without further ado, here are five things that made me smile on Sunday, May 22.
1. A new light pink shirt - Mama always said this was my best color, although I'm not sure this quick photo does it justice.
2. Yellow roses - the fact that Robbie still brings/sends me flowers every week going on ten years still makes me smile! (See the story behind this tradition here.)
3. Good reading/browsing material - perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon.
4. An Un-Birthday Gift from my secret sister at church - since we choose secret sisters for five months at a time, we are encourage to give our sister an un-birthday gift if her birthday falls outside of that five months. Isn't this a wonderful summer time gift?
5. Supper lovingly prepared and served by the Love of my Life!
There now, I've recorded five little bits of my life right NOW! What's happening in your life this week that you need to record?