Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

April Review - May Preview

As April draws to a close, I completed my latest scrapbook page inspired by Sketch #150 at Creative Scrappers. Originally I considered the photo I used as one of the the not-so-good ones - this photo was taken with my film camera. Since the flash did not go off, I'd had the waiter take another photo which turned out "better", however when I had the photos developed I really liked the ambiance of the silhouette look in this photo.


Since the only bright color in the photo is the tea in Robbie's glass, I knew I wanted to include some small bits of that color in my layout. I had a package of My Mind's Eye decorative brads which included just the right colors.


I also had a piece of Graphic 45 patterned paper with a fancy table setting and silverware on it, however the paper was mostly blues. So, I simply cut out some of the silverware pieces to use an embellishment.

I also completed my May cards this past week - here's a peak at two of them.



April Review
*6 layouts  - all were 12x12, one was digital
* 8 cards
*20 graduation announcements
*1 Art Quote Card & Mail Art Envelope

I completed the BPC Finding Your Way workshop and Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class, participated in two blog hops, and began Shimelle's Beyond Blogging for Scrapbookers class. I also spent several days updating my blog by streamlining my labels and adding new pages.

May Preview
*create cards for June
*participate in the last week of the Beyond Blogging for Scrapbookers class
*participate in the BPC May with May workshop
*participate in the BPC 12 hour Creative Crop on May 7
*complete weekly LOM Community Challenges
*create color layouts to play along with Brenda's quilting
*work on pre-class assignments for the upcoming Finding Photo Freedom workshop

How about you - what are your plans for May? Do you have anything special planned for National Scrapbook Day?

10 comments:

S said...

Oh my goodness, I forgot about the Mail Art Exchange - yikes. Thanks for the reminder. So VERY glad I came by now - I'll be back after I get that done! Yikes!!

Lorraine said...

Hi Melissa, gave you a mention today - http://thevuefromhere.blogspot.com/2011/05/happy-birthday.html

Rachel B said...

I like this monthly review of craftiness, I have a small list of things I would like to do including more layouts and a special album I will be posting about :)

Sian said...

I really enjoy your crafty review too. It always makes for great reading. I love that it looks forward and looks back at the same time - very satisfying!

Your handcutting of that cutlery is beautiful. An elegant page indeed.

Alison said...

Beautiful LO Melissa..for me, I'm looking forward to being visitor-free for a while so that I can create without feeling guilty about the mess!
Alison xx

Rebekah said...

You've been busy and productive this month! I've never made monthly goals, but I do have weekly goals!

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

I love how you worked with the picture to make it look like that's what you wanted all along - fantastic!

Amy said...

Melissa you have a busy crafting agenda! Your page is lovely, I love how you used the brads :-) I wanted to let you know that we tried your recipe from the blog hop last night, it was an unmitigated success and loved by all - it is bound to become a regular!

Tammy said...

Wow - you had a very busy month! I think your layout turned out great! I like the silhouette effect too. Take those lemons and make lemonade! :)

Lisa-Jane said...

Beautiful layout! I was going to ask you where you got the cute cutlery embellishments from - they don't look hand cut at all and they are perfect! Its such an elegant layout.